Tuesday 24 May 2011

Time to Explore

Although many of the people I asked were able to answer the question others’ replies were that they “hadn’t really thought about it” or that they “didn’t have the time”. This struck me as rather sad – people seemed too busy to take the time to explore and so were therefore unable to discover. I wanted to do something which would do all the exploration for people leaving them with a discovery, something to help the seemingly super busy to be able to discover and escape.


My solution was to create packaged discoveries, to take the five forms of escapism I collected and to package them then leave them around London for people to find. The idea was that the people who happened upon them would receive the instant gratification of making a discovery without the turmoil exploration is associated with.


I decided to label cans with the five forms of escapism and then attach an explanatory note.



No comments:

Post a Comment