Thursday 26 May 2011

Distributing Cans



















After making the cans my initial intention was to leave them in interesting places around London with the hope that they would be found by members of the public. I left no way of the finders contacting me on the can as the idea was not about correspondence but that the people who found the cans would have no idea where they came from, that they would be unexplained discoveries.

However, I was not able to carry out the idea fully as I was concerned that the cans could be viewed as a potential terrorist threat and that leaving unexplained metal containers in central London may be illegal. Instead I took some images of how I would have left them: on top of bicycles, in piles of rubbish and in bushes. I also took some photographs of the cans being 'found' to convey how I hoped the project would turn out.

Although it is disappointing that I was not able to carry out the idea that was intended I do feel that the images I took successfully convey what I hoped would have transpired. Furthermore, I think the 50 cans together are aesthetically pleasing and I am glad to keep the complete collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment